Most Loyal Dog Breeds
We all know that one quality of dogs that makes them different and eventually better than human beings – loyalty. Uttermost loyalty towards their owners. While all breed of dogs possess this quality, some breeds of dogs possess it more vigorously than the other breed of dogs. most loyal dog breeds are very good for new dog owner.
So let’s enroll on a trip to find out who are the top 10 most loyal dog breeds in the world.
Check Out More
Top 10 Longest Living Dog Breeds List of 2020 [Updated]
Top 10 Rare Dog Breeds Reviews Of 2019 – 2020
1. Xoloitzcuintli – The oldest most loyal dog breeds
This is a breed of dog which is also known as the Mexican hairless breed of dog. The Aztecs even believed that the Xoloitzcuintli even protected and guided them in the afterlife. They are also known to be loyal for more than 3000 years.
- Is mostly hairless
- needs no brushing
- doesn’t shed
- runs swiftly
- Is high-spirited
- Not a good guard dog
- Independent thinking
- Emotional sensitivity to stress
- Emotional sensitivity to loud voices
- Tendencies to climb
- Love digging
- Housebreaking difficulties
- Vigilant care of the hairless skin
If you want a dog who has an exotic and elegant appearance, which is just like a small deer; then this breed of dogs might be just the right choice for you. However, it is a high strung and also an emotional and dependent personality. It demands much attention and will bark or act destructively when left too long without companionship.
2. Labrador Retriever – most loyal and protective dog breeds
This breed of dog is so loyal that it may even jump into the cold, icy and rough waters of the Labrador Sea to save you. As you may have got, the Labrador retriever was used as a fishing boat dog back in the days.
- Stable Dogs
- Friendly dogs
- Exceptionally patient
- Very very easy to train
- Loves water as much as they love you
- Generally healthy dogs
- Soft mouth perfect for catching and fetching
- Size is not really a considerable issue
- Not a good guard god.
- They need help with their eating habits.
- Oh God! They are really so expensive
- They are really curious in nature and you can really get into trouble due to this characteristic of Labrador Retrievers
If you have other dogs, pets or kids in you family and home; then you should surely bring a Labrador Retriever home as soon as possible. However, its behavioral issues and want to go out and explore tendency might get you in trouble.
3. Staffordshire Bull Terrier – most loyal small dog breeds
The Staffordshire Bull Terrier can be safely attributed the tag of a small Pit bull who is compact, muscular and powerful. They are also known as the ‘nanny dog’ breed due to their care and love for humans.
- Looks imposing
- stands firmly on the ground with boldness and confidence
- Is energetic
- Thrives on vigorous athletic activities
- Has a sleek easy-groom coat
- Comes in many colors
- High energy level
- Destructiveness when bored
- Potential aggression toward other animals
- Strong-willed mind of his own
If you want a pet who is excessively friendly with people around, don’t wait and bring this breed of dog to your home soon. But you got to be cautious against the legal liabilities such as public perception or future breed bans or insurance problems that come with this dog.
4. Golden Retriever – The most loving loyal dogs
Golden Retriever have every quality that an owner of the dog requires. They are loyal, adorable, sweet, calm, happy go lucky and are good nature.
- Easy to train
- Loves large families
- Loves small kids
- A perfect pet sibling
- Eternal puppy
- Not barky
- Not a biter
- Separation anxiety
- Shed a lot
- Prone to certain health problems
If you have a large family with small kids then the golden retriever will prove a golden dog for you, the kids and the family. He will really adore and love you all so much that it is even hard to describe it. But due to its big size, it is mostly hungry and needs vigorous exercise.
5. German Shepherd – The most quintessential loyal dogs
German Shepherd is a breed of dog who is not only one of the most loyal dog breeds around the world but they also have one of the most loyal owner followings. Also, these dogs can prove their loyalty, no matter, whether they are working in law enforcement services or as a pet in a family.
- Great Showing Dogs
- Great Working Dogs
- Available in many different types and colors
- Very Loyal
- Highly intelligent
- Easy to train
- Attractive to eyes in appearance
- Require minimal bathing
- Really popular
- Size and Energy
- Separation anxiety
- They require your time
- You need to be a leader
- Financial Investment
If you want a dog pet who put on a great show and is a great working dog who is attractive to eyes in appearance, then what are you waiting for? Go and adopt a German Shepherd right now! But , let me also warn you that they shed a lot and shed almost the whole year. Also, they are prone to common genetic health issues and problems.
6. Doberman Pinscher – most loyal protective dog breeds
Doberman Pinscher is a serious looking dog thrives on exercise and athletic activities.
- Has a short easy-care coat
- Wants to do challenging things
- makes an effective deterrent even when friendly
- Possible aggression toward other animals
- A multitude of serious health problems
- short lifespan
If you want a dog who is large and strong, but is also sleek and adorable looking, you might be looking for and adopting a Doberman Pinscher extremely soon. But, this breed of dog brings with them a hell lot of potential legal liabilities and physical sensitivities.
7. Yorkshire Terrier – The most loyal apartment friendly dog breeds
Yorkshire Terrier has the apt size for a household dog. They make excellent companion dogs which makes it easier to travel with the as compared to other breeds of dog.
- Doesn’t require lots of vigorous exercise
- Friendly breed of dog
- Minimal shedding
- Long lived breed of dog
- Available in many different colors
- Zero tolerance
- Doesn’t like rough handling
- They have the ‘Big Dog’ Syndrome
- Difficult to house train
- Not a good guard dog
- Requires lot of your time
- They like to sleep under pillows and blankets
- Several health issues
If you want a pet for your apartment or need a small companion to travel along with you, then you should bring a Yorkshire Terrier to your home soon. If you have small children in your home or you are out for a long period of time from your home, then you should not bring this breed of dog to your home as they suffer from separation anxiety.
8. Akita – The most loyal companion-for-life dog breeds
Akita is a working valiant dog and a formidable guard dog.
- Is large
- wolf-like appearance
- Has a thick coat
- comes in many colors and patterns
- Doesn’t bark much
- Isn’t clingy
- Is not overly-dependent
- Potential aggression toward people
- Aggression toward other animals
- Possessiveness of food
- Heavy shedding
- Legal liabilities
If you want a pet dog who is fiercely loyal to you, then an Akita might just be the spice missing from your life. But you should be extra cautious with them as they are really aloof with strangers.
9. Boxer – The most loyal lap dog breeds
A boxer has a great personality and is very loving and highly intelligent breed of dog. They are comical, animated and playful and make a wonderful family dog.
- Smooch able Face
- Kidney Bean Dance
- Indoor Dogs
- Do not tolerate extreme heat or cold
- Like to be with their people
- Loyal Companion
- Keep you laughing all the time
- Velcro dog – never want to leave your side
- Love to play
- Protective of their loved ones
- Too Energetic
- Some can drool a lot
- Can have dominance Issues
- Prone to skin issues and allergies
- Prone to genetic medical problems
- Destructive behavior when bored
- Need to be walked and played with
- Can be curious and very nosy
- can have separation anxiety
- protective instincts toward strangers.
If you want a great buddy for walking, hiking and jogging ; then a boxer can be your that companion. But it cannot live outdoors in a dog house as it is an indoor dog.
10. Brittany Spaniels – The most loyal inquisitive sniffing machine dog breed
Brittany Spaniels is a medium sized and athletic breed of dog who is agile and light on his feet. They have a pretty feathered coat and loves vigorous exercise.
- Is good with strangers
- It Is peaceful with other animals
- Is willing to please and excels in a variety of competitive canine activities
- Separation anxiety
- Timidity toward people when not socialized enough
- Regular brushing
- Regular combing
- and occasional trimming
If you want a breed of dog who is good with other pets and strangers, then you should adopt a Brittany Spaniels soon. But, it is my duty to aware and warn you of its submissive urination and persistent whining problems.
Every dogs are loyal and protective. We’ve mentioned some names which are popular for that, we hope you liked this article dedicated to most loyal and protective dog breeds.